If you love feta cheese these Phyllo Cheese Traingles will be worth making at your next party. Make them ahead and freeze them then just pop them in the oven. Serve them with beer and wine as a great party favorite! My mother loved making these appetizers during special occasions and for Sunday dinners. These are a must for your holiday table.
- ½ pound feta cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ pound phyllo pastry- defrosted overnight in the refrigerator and at room temperature
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a sheet pan or cookie sheet.
- Crumble feta into a medium bowl.
- Add cottage cheese and egg and blend thoroughly.
- Mix in parsley.
- Remove phyllo from box and unroll.
- Working on a sheet of wax or paper , remove one sheet and place on work surface. Butter lightly.
- Lay second layer on top and butter.
- Cut phyllo lengthwise into 3 long strips.
- Place a teaspoon of cheese filling at the end facing you and fold like a flag into a triangle.
- Place on buttered sheet pan. Butter tops of triangles with butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo.
© 2010 – 2013, California Greek Girl. All rights reserved.