Serve this chilled soup on a warm day as an appetizer or main dish. This can be made ahead of time, refrigerated up to 2 days. I used mild hatch chilis, and it gave a good bite. You can reserve some of the roasted hatched chilis and add more it needed as you blend the soup.
Roast the hatch chilis in the oven or on the BBQ. Take a look at my link in the blog for instructions.
2. In a soup pot, add the olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring for around 6 minutes until softened.
3. Add the chopped hatch chilis and salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring up to a simmer, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. In a blender, add the soup in small batches, carefully placing the lid and puree until well blended. Add to a large clean bowl. Continue with the rest of the soup.
6. Stir in the cream and taste, add more broth if needed.
7. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours until chilled. (overnight allows the flavors to mingle even more.)
8. For topping, serve with hot sauce, fried corn tortilla strips, or feta and mint.
This soup can be refrigerated up to 2 days.